Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you troubleshoot the sudden disappearance of a right rear turn signal and brake light on a '65 fb? Right front turn signal still works. Left turn signals work. Running lights work all around. I swapped the rear bulbs; no difference.

Suggestions, please!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
As suggested above I would use some electrical contact cleaner and disconnect the plug from the housing and clean it with the spray. I would also use it where the bulb meets with socket along with a wire brush. Replace the bulb ($3 of preventative maintenance is the worst case scenario). If all easy stuff fails get out the voltage tester and follow the wiring from the rear of the car forward to see where the power ends. Good luck, electrical problems are about as fun as getting a root canal. ::

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
your brake light signal comes into TS switch and then is combined with TS sigal. does your brake light work on right side? if not could be TS switch. try wiggling TS lever a little. otherwise follow others suggestions and see if you find anything bad. also, if equipped. try hazard signal - they come on same wires and illuminate same bulbs. PM me if questions.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, sorry, I left out that piece of info. The brake light works on the left (driver) side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts