Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unsuccessfully trying to align the driver’s side window. I took it all apart when I painted the car and replaced all the weather-strip. It needs to be higher and to the rear yet I can’t seem to move the door or window back any further. I will try to raise the door a bit to get a little closer. I am at the point of taking the weather-strip off and adding a rubber strip to act as a spacer.
This window was always hard and the scissor regulator bent in even before the restoration. I bent it back but it seems to have a memory and bend back. Would you recommend an after market replacement or will my problems go away once the window is finally adjusted correctly?
Thank you again, almost done with this restoration.

Joe
Yokota Air Base, Tokyo

G

·
You can manipulate the height and side to side with the vent window assy. Move it up higher and a little further back. The door windows "float" on the 2 rollers, so there won't be anything to put it in a bind if you do this.

Did you already install the fuzzy strips? They will cause the glass frame to bind on the edge of them sometimes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've repeatedly done both of these and still have trouble. I replaced the guide rail felt; I will try again today and take pics. I will take a lot of pics. There are so many adustments and the book isn't as clear as it could be so I was looking for is someone who has had this problem and the steps of adjustments in order that led to success. I will raise the door which sould help with the top, but for moving the window back; that is the hard part.

Thanks, and if anyone has additional suggestions; please, please, please! This is so frustrating :eek:

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts