Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 66 mustang with 289 and a 500 cfm edelbrock carb. The model number is 1403 to show exactly what model i have. I recently had a friend help me with tuning the carb and while we were tuning it the idle sounded the same and then we tried to drive it and now it wont start. I tried to turn the screws back to where they were originally but it still doesnt start. Is there any way to set the carb back to the factory settings. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that if i screw the mixture screws in until they seat then bring them out about 3 and 1/2 turns i should be pretty close to factory settings, does this sound right to anyone? Any one have any advice? thanks.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Josh66 said:
I heard that if i screw the mixture screws in until they seat then bring them out about 3 and 1/2 turns i should be pretty close to factory settings, does this sound right to anyone? Any one have any advice? thanks.
Yup, that would have you pretty close, or at least close enough to start it and re-tune it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts