Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased these Eibach springs from a member who didnt have much info on them. I called Eibach but they said these were from the 90s and said they would get back to me. (Never did)

Called Dr Gas, he said the guy that would maybe know about them was out.

Called mustang's plus and he said the springs he has that are 3/4" in diameter are 620# rate. And the 9/16" were 260# rate.

Part number on spring says
Eibach Springs
30/96
Pro Motor Sports
65-66/9.0 R

They measure roughly 13 3/8" in height (compared to the 14" springs I pulled out). The diameter of the coil is roughly .637" so, just over 5/8", (compared to the .570" ones I renoved) They are progressive as well.

Anyone have a clue of the spring rate of these. My guess is that they would work fine for a street application.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
There are a few rate calculators on the googleFu. You input the specs and # of coils and it will figure a #rate. try a couple of them and use their averages:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Eibach springs (installed in the late 90's) are variable rate. So an online calculator might not be of much help. Suggest you keep hounding Eibach to get an answer that is hopefully correct.

Harry Z

·
Registered
66 Mustang
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Eibach springs (installed in the late 90's) are variable rate. So an online calculator might not be of much help. Suggest you keep hounding Eibach to get an answer that is hopefully correct.

Harry Z
Do you know the part number and rate of yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts