Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put together the history on the first 21 years for my car.

What I know:

1968 DSO Virginia,
19?? went to NC at some point,
1989 brought to MI stored for 11 years,
2000 sold and restoration started,
2001 I bought and completed.

I am trying to cover 1968 thru 1989. Any ideas? I have gotten all the info from the PO that is available (not much). Car fax only goes back to 1981 models...
Thanks

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
A search at MI DMV might help turn up the owner's name before it came to MI.

Ford's History999 and a Kevin Marti report will tell you everything that's known about the car's origins.

Good luck and have fun! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Try contacting the state's vehicle registration agency (varies by state). Some states purge old data after a certain number of years and some won't give info out anymore due to privacy issues, but it's worth a shot.

My car originally came from Missouri to Iowa. We contacted Missouri's vehicle registration agency (this was about 10 years ago) and hit the jackpot... we got copies from microfiche of all the title / registration info since the car was new. It told the original dealership where it was sold, names, addresses, dates sold, odometer readings, etc. for all prior owners (7 prior owners).

On the other hand, we contacted Colorado to get the same info on our '68 High Country Special we used to own and they didn't have any old records any more (I think they purged it after 8 years or so).

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts