Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dash for my FB from dashes direct. The fit is not very good, after a lot of trimming, cutting and grinding I'm getting close. I have a problem with the area to the far left, where the instrument bezel meets the heater control. The dash pad is not correct in the angle so I get a gap on the down leg of the dash pad. Could someone send me a pic of the area where the upper part of the heater control meets the instrument bezel? And maybe zoom out a little and give me one of the left half of the instrument panel and the heater controls. I will be forever greateful. Anyone else who experienced the same thing with a Dashes Direct pad? What did you do to fit it correctly?
My email [email protected]
Thanx

Tony

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The final green paint and stripes 4.5K totally a little bit more as he painted the underside also. I like the color also. I wanted something a little bit unusual, but yet somewhat original.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NorthWest Pony Shoppe, Scott Robinson in Snohomish

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Guys are right!

Saw your car at Scotts right after he shot it. Color looks even better in person :highfive:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx guys
I got a motor for it last week, I traded the old 289. And now I got myself a 351W. I'm a little confused as to what brackets I will need for the alt. and steering pump. Plus there are a few issues with some crappy repop parts, like the dash pad and the trunk lid moulding. Of course everything I buy for my brake system comes with fitting other than what I expected, it gets a little discouraging at times. I will try to get it on the road before fall comes.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Tony,
We share your frustration at times. If it were easy, anybody could do it.
I guess that's what makes ricers so popular with some folks...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did Scott just do the paint or body work as well?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little late,,he did the body work also, it wasn't a lot but some smaller dings.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts