Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! Some "highly intelligent" and "seriously jealous" (I hope you can hear the type dripping with sarcasm, folks) !^%@$#*&! felt compelled to take some sort of permenant black marker and write across the hood of my 67 vert (the words of which are not printable here) I have tried everything that I can think of that will not ruin the paint on my baby and it will not come off. Any suggestions????

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
if the clay bar doesn't work, try bug and tar remover. This will strip all the wax off the area, and hopefully the writing is ontop of a nive thick coat of wax

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I know you can get marker off of a white board by going over it with a dry erase marker. I would try it in a spot that doesn't show first ::

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,498 Posts
Have you considered "Goof Off", an overspray and adhesive remover? It's available in most home improvement stores and does a good job on furniture, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Goop non abrasive handcleaner seems to take anything off my hands, a little on a rag might work for you.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
This may sound strange, but try Brasso. It will not scratch the paint and leaves an amazing shine.

It's also good on chrome.

·
Registered
36,641 Posts
Get yourself some A-BEN-A-QUI. Made up here in VT. Works great. Of course, my company sells it. Check it out on the web.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I did try a few of your suggestions....from bug and tar remover to laquer thinner....to prep-sol. Nothing,,,zilch....nada! There she stayed...4 inch ugly black letters and me getting madder with each glance at them. Ended up taking up to a friend of mine, he asked to see it when he found out about it. Does body/paint work for Mazzaratti and Lamboughini, among others........said it was not ordinary black marker as it bled right thru the wax and top coat, right into the paint it's self....ended up that we did a bit of wet sanding.....got most of it out, faded what would not come out so that it was at least driveable....unfortunately now it will need a paint job come colder weather when we put the old girl back in the paddock for the winter. Thanks again for all yo ur suggestions.

Ken

PS: Just wait till I get my hands on the nimrod that's responsible for this vandalism...GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts