Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having a hard time. my front seal of my transmission was leaking on my 89' ford aerostar.
i removed and fixed and installed transmission. the starter was getting extremlly hot. i thought that it was getting hot because of the transmission fluid that had filled it up. so i bought a new one and it was getting hot. so i went and bought a silenoid. (not sure i spelled that right). and it was getting hot as well. what is the deal can anyone help?

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
When you say hot, do you mean it makes a noise or cranks slowly?

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Can you crank the engine by hand? I don't mean to start it, but I'm just wondering if there's something binding. You said you did some transmission work, I'm just wondering if there's something that's preventing the starter from turning the motor as it should.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Did you replace the starter cable? They corrode after so many years, it could be inside where you can't really see it corroded. :loco:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Did you get the torque converter fully seated on the input shaft of the trans? Do you hear any strange noise when trying to crank it? Was it hard to get the trans mated back up to the flexplate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts