Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, get this. I bought my 428 last year and the rim blow horn did not work. I had it checked out and was told there was power going into the steering column, but none coming out. So I am thinking, oh great, it needs a new rim blow switch. Now for those of you who don't know about these things (not that I am an expert), 1969 had its own switch. The 70-73 rim blows use a differnt switch. So as you can guess, the 69 part is hard to find and goes for around
$100-$200.
Anyway, I drive the car to bowling this morning, and afterward am showing it off. I get in the car to leave and the horns start going off, and won't stop. I have owned this car for over a year, and the horns have NEVER worked. So I start yelling at the guy parked next to me(a friend), to stop the honking, thinking it was him. After he stops laughing, I get out and disconnect my horns.
When I get home I pulled the wheel pad and rimblow switch. Test the conection and everything seems to be working. I made one small adjustment to the switch were it looked like two points were touching. Now everything works fine.
"Believe It Or Not"

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's almost like the car was telling you it was ok /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
850 Posts
Too funny, I was out in my mach last week and the horn just died. Haven't dug into it yet so it could be a fuse or something but........

the horn ghost could be traveling around whoooooooo w woghoohhoooooo

G

·
heh, my fuel sender never seemed to have work, that I EVER remember.. Well, yesterday for about an hour, it decided to work - but then of course, it stopped right away :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts