Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crawled out from under the car today and it pretty much looked like I had taken a bath in POR15. I have read countless posts about people not being able to get POR off their skin. So as I love to do, I went to work trying to figure out the "impossible"(not really). The end result: some laquer thinner and a little elbow grease. Hopefully this will help you "old guys"(joking of course) who are trying to figure out a way to avoid going to the office for the next week with POR on your skin.

Brian & Dad
65 coupe with a freshly POR15ed undercarrige
looking to buy a 69 302 tomorrow-cross your fingers for me!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
that only works if its semi wet

i did find acetone to be promising.. but you have to let it sit. When i cleaned off the stuff to prep for another coat i used brake cleaner, worked good except in the areas that it puddled it got all soft and stuff... oops

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Maybe the only alternative once it's dry is to pour on some POR stripper or metal ready! err, nah, not a good idea. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif There has to be some way! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I learned the hard way to wear surgeon's gloves when handling POR15 and where a mask when shooting it. I, like you, discovered lacquer thinner and a lot of elbow grease will get if off, if you do it right away ... and if you spray it without a mask and your teeth turn all black, you can brush your teeth with lacquer thinner and a rag to get them clean /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif. (I wonder how many years I took off my life with that bozo mistake *LOL*).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts