Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed CJP on Tuesday about my missing order. Not a peep from them. No one is answering the phone, their live support is MIA.

According to tracking the order was shipped and received by the Post Office.

The Post Office says a shipping label was generated but no package was received.

It seems that what CJP doesn't get is that parts are like cheeseburgers. I can get one most anywhere, but Im selective about where I get one.

For years their service was ok, I had no complaints. The past couple years its just one issue after another.

The missing order is $27. Its the principal that they just dont seem to care about customer service.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You have a choice of vendors, so why do you continue to patronize a vendor who
"just dont seem to care about customer service" ?????

·
Premium Member
11,518 Posts
I have always received a callback when I have tried to call customer service and there was a 2 hour wait.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
I quickly figured out it's worth it to pay a little more for the research for quality parts, in-stock, reliably shipped in short order, because my time is worth more to me than the difference.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sometimes I grit my teeth and order them them, but I've been almost completely converted to NPD. Never had a bad experience from Rick and his super people.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
This is not directed at bgcmc, but I totally understand that for some every penny counts and free shipping can be a good deal. However your compromise is going to come somewhere. If you are on a budget, you may need to wait for items...and some may never come. I am more than happy to pay a few bucks more to know who I am dealing with and that they will always make sure I am satisfied...NPD is my go to, along with a few select others. Never had a problem with them, but seeing more and more issues with CJPP.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Although I've not had a bad experience with CJPP yet, I've switched as my preferred vendor to NPD and a local hot rod shop that carries tons of early parts.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Having difficulty getting parts is like having a job. If you can't get/do what you want, maybe it's time to change what you're doing.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
707 Posts
Is it just me or is it strange that they will still sell parts even if they’re not in stock and they really don’t tell you you have to be really paying attention ive never heard of a company selling something they have out of stock!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
It’s like déjà vu all over again! And again! NPD

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just received a back order from CJPP after 3 months. I have a voltage regulator on back order from Virginia Mustang for 2 months so far. I got an order from NPD for back up light assembly's and the lenses were listed as "back order" and not shipped while the rest of the assembly's were. I was not given the option to cancel my order. They just sent what they had and charged me. Not one told me up front that the items were not in stock. This has all been since February.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not about the cost or free shipping.

The one thing CJP has going for it over NPD is the website is easier to navigate more descriptive on parts. Sometimes I have a difficult time on NPDs website figuring out what I need and where to look for it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
All supplies, shipping, and CS have been affected because of the garbage going on. It's not their fault everyone is terrified and forced to stay home because of the boogey virus. I'm not paycheck to paycheck, but I'd rather get power windows than pay outrageous shipping charges. The sales are awesome, and when you get customer service, very accommodating. CJPP is still the top of my list for all but a few items.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,763 Posts

The one thing CJP has going for it over NPD is the website is easier to navigate more descriptive on parts. Sometimes I have a difficult time on NPDs website figuring out what I need and where to look for it.
I took Rick's advice and keep a catalogue close by. It is a great resource. I also like the breakdown diagrams.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,561 Posts
And there’s always that phone thing. I have found the folks that answer the phone at NPD to very helpful and knowledgeable about the parts they sell. Damn if I chose a vendor because their website is pretty. At least you know where CJ’s priorities lie.

·
Registered
72 Posts

same here

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I used to order mostly NPD but I agree CJ is a bit quicker and easier. Don’t they usually say if something is out of stock? Not sure. I ordered some trim and added a mug to get free shipping. I doubt that mug is ever coming but I got my free shipping.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Would simply calling-in the order solve the issue of "they don't answer the phone" and "I don't know if it is in-stock or not?" It seems there is a trade-off between buying on-line and over the phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts