Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Luckily no real Mustangs were harmed in the making of that car.

Damn, I hate big wheels on a vintage car. That snot green color is just rude!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
That person should be commended for doing that to a Mustang II and not an earlier Mustang. Also, he states the the original owner found him and has the original tires...but the original suspension appears to be long gone:

If you would like for an extra charge I can get the suspension made for that car.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Wow! Didn't know Mustang II's came with leather interiors! I bet that thing is a real rocket with that 2.3 engine and C4 transmission.

·
Registered
669 Posts
>Summer is right around the corner and this car is perfect for car shows and cruise nights!!!

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
All original????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
OK OK, Now my first car was a mustang II- It still hurts to get rejected by mustang owners. Its not its fault it was a product of the times- hell it does good with 85ish hp from a 140 ci engine- the chev 350 in the 75 camaro I had was like 130 hp? That little car I kept until 2000- It still ran great (was the best car I ever owned) got 30 mpg, and I could spin 2nd gear quite well even with 14" goodyr eagles (4spd manual) I did spit teeth out of the ring gear eventually doing that, and eventually lost my license for doing that. Funny thing was my interior was the same horrendous avacodo, but the outside was "green glow" which is like lime gold I think. I upgraded the interior with 89 must GT seats, and upholstered everything to match. I painted the outside in the Beretta GT Indy car teal metallic- about 2 yrs before Ford put it on the 92ish mustang. Last time I heard- the car still looks and runs good. (if it was a "real" mustang I never woulda sold it. ) Now I see a 69 fastback- lime gold with black stripes and love the color (It ain't purty on a mustang II)

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
OK OK, Now my first car was a mustang II- It still hurts to get rejected by mustang owners. Its not its fault it was a product of the times- hell it does good with 85ish hp from a 140 ci engine- the chev 350 in the 75 camaro I had was like 130 hp? That little car I kept until 2000- It still ran great (was the best car I ever owned) got 30 mpg, and I could spin 2nd gear quite well even with 14" goodyr eagles (4spd manual) I did spit teeth out of the ring gear eventually doing that, and eventually lost my license for doing that. Funny thing was my interior was the same horrendous avacodo, but the outside was "green glow" which is like lime gold I think. I upgraded the interior with 89 must GT seats, and upholstered everything to match. I painted the outside in the Beretta GT Indy car teal metallic- about 2 yrs before Ford put it on the 92ish mustang. Last time I heard- the car still looks and runs good. (if it was a "real" mustang I never woulda sold it. ) Now I see a 69 fastback- lime gold with black stripes and love the color (It ain't purty on a mustang II)
Yup...it's easy to make fun in retrospect ignoring the time. By 72 Mustang sales were plummeting as our favorite grew as gas price skyrocketed and performance was degraded by emission control demands. Imports were killing the bloated American cars. The MustangII IMO saved the Mustang from extinction. Hey Mustang II haters set a 74 Coupe between a 64 1/2 Coupe and an 84 Coupe. Sure you could get a SVO 84 but that was a racing model for the times not a common production Mustang. IMO the Fox Mustangs would have killed the breed if not for the special models. To me they looked like fat EXPs!

Put wheels that look to me like they're made for circuis wagons and a 67 Shelby would look absurd!

Slim

·
Registered
245 Posts
Those armrests look exactly like the ones in my 1973 Pinto Wagon! Identical!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
At least they color coordinated the wheels with the vinyl top for contrast. For those MII haters, dont forget that if it werent for that car all the guys butchering the early cars for big motors wouldnt have a suspension. Not to mention its probably the single most important car to contribute to the hot rodding industry.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
At least they color coordinated the wheels with the vinyl top for contrast. For those MII haters, dont forget that if it werent for that car all the guys butchering the early cars for big motors wouldnt have a suspension. Not to mention its probably the single most important car to contribute to the hot rodding industry.
......and it kept the Mustang name alive. Those were a tough five years for everyone, but IMO with a few mods, the fastbacks look neat.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
...can't unsee that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts