Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, at Route 66 dragstip (Joliet IL) for the National Mustang Racers Associasion meet and car show, I was directed to park in a pretty choice spot by the volunteers from a mostly Fox bodied local Mustang club. This was on a corner with an aisle right next to it.
I ask the fellow if he could leave the spot next to me open as I knew a friend with a 65 GT 350 was supposed to come some time soon. "No, gotta fill em all in" he said (Like they filled the house Sat?). So, I was cleaning my car for about 20 minutes when my friend showed up. The parkers directed him up to near the front by the Show tent. I went and asked the parkers if I could move over there next to him, they said "that's for the Shelby's and stuff" I said " better clean off your glasses as that looks like a 67 Shelby I drove in here to me"
"Oh, yeah, OK you can move". (Mustangs didn't start at the 79 Fox body you know,,,)
They parked a really nice 98 Mustang convertible there, flip-flop paint, chomed engine, that 2 seater thing over the back seat. A really nice 98 in any body's book.
A down pour started about 2 hours later. For what ever reason the show director was driving his F-350 dually p'up in the show aisles, he backed up, and RIGHT INTO THAT 98 CONVERTIBLE WHERE MY CAR WAS!!. Bent in the fender, broke off the Saleen lower valence, broke out the headlight.
Of course, the 98 got some 4 ft trophy for something.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Of course, the 98 got some 4 ft trophy for something.
Perhaps for getting flattened by the show director.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
For what ever reason the show director was driving his F-350 dually p'up in the show aisles, he backed up, and RIGHT INTO THAT 98 CONVERTIBLE WHERE MY CAR WAS!!. Bent in the fender, broke off the Saleen lower valence, broke out the headlight.
Guess that thing could qualify as the official BFH at the show :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts