Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some requests to see how the 1965 convertible turned out that my friends and I painted in our homebuilt painting bay. Here it is below, with its proud owner barely slowing down for me to get a picture. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

http://www.tucsonpony.com/samvert3.jpg

BTW, he won that car about five years ago on a $2 raffle ticket for the benefit of the Arizona Humane Society. Lucky dog!

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We used my friend's trailer bay, which is on the right side behind the car. We lined the floor with heavy paper and the walls with plastic to protect them. We then placed a row of air filters (each about 2-feet across) along the bottom of the main door opening and brought the door down on them and taped them in place. At the opposite end of the bay, we placed a fan in the window to draw the air through the filters and out the other end of the bay. It worked great, once we learned not to turn the fan off too early. The first time we did that and the dust that was in the air dropped on to the hood and other parts that were drying near the rear of bay.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
thanks for post Laurie - it gives me encouragement to try it. nice car for cost. went to local car show last week and bought raffle ticket for '57 T-Bird which I rarely do but that 57' I have always liked. maybe I'll get lucky too but doubt it.
Bill

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His CB handle when we're traveling to a show is "WinningTicket" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif He did have to pay taxes on $7,000 as that's what the government figured was his windfall with this car. He's still money ahead!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts