Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I bought it, I couldn't help myself, $250 was too cheap to say no. It needs floors, inner rockers and DS torque box. All the parts are there in boxes.
Thread from earlier today
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2267000-2267999/2267363_2_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2267000-2267999/2267363_5_full.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks like a VERY ambititious project. But you're right, $250 for a convertible is hard to turn down.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would have bought it! It looks like it is just about ready to send to the blasters!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I love it when they come in kit form.... :)

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
i bought a 67 convertable in similar cond a little while ago. paid more money for it, but all metal work was done and it was sitting a rottessiere since 1992..
loaded option wise to boot- only negative thing you'll see is how many pieces the car comes in. i bagged and stuck as many parts as i could in 55 gallon storage crates. i am going to put the rear and front discs back on mine and its going to sit until i am ready for it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have bought it! It looks like it is just about ready to send to the blasters!
It will be the first thing I do, send it to American Dry strip to remove all the layers of paint. It looks like the only bolts remaining on the car are the bolts holding the outer coil spring/shock tower cover on.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
lets see,-- part a bolts to part b as shown in illustration 3 section c on page 147 of the assembly instructions---for $250 how can you go wrong!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are you doing on the forum? Looks like you have plenty to do. Should keep you out of trouble!!!
I can't wait to start working on it, but I just have to wait until I get it blasted first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know what would be involved in turning a coupe rear clip into a convert, but if you wanted to do it, I have a very clean, rust free, clip in my back yard.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what would be involved in turning a coupe rear clip into a convert, but if you wanted to do it, I have a very clean, rust free, clip in my back yard.
I know it doesn't look like it in the pictures but the rear isn't too bad. The DS trunk floor, quarter and outer wheel house are bad but everything else on the rear is good. Thanks for the offer, I'm sure shipping costs for your rear clip from AZ to CT would be out of this world anyway.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
0r $250,000.00 at Barret-Jackson... :joker:
You know what they say about a fool and his money. I am willing to bet I could take this car and put just a few hours into cleaning it up and then list it on EBay for $2500 and someone would buy it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts