Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a bad thing to have a 68 shelby gt350 that was a hertz rent a car.
i mean does it lower the value of said car. thanks .will baker

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by baker on 04/20/01 08:06 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
No byt doesn't increase it either :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks paul. well does this mean that it's also had the [censored] trashed out of.i know what i do to rent a cars. will

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
well...it is an old car...i don't know this cars condition :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
If you were looking at buying one in the 70s it might be a consideration, but I think we're in a grace period and all is forgiven.

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
hey a shelby is a shelby... im sure anyone of us would die just to have one, hertz or not. (oh yeah, didnt hertz have very strict rules on who could rent one)

'66 coupe resto in progress... IT NEVER ENDS

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, rental cars make good used vehicles because they are so meticulously maintained. They're far better maintained than the average joe's used car.

That being said, the Hertz Shelbies haven't belonged to Hertz in so long now that it doesn't make a hill of beans worth of difference wether it was or wasn't a rental car, as it's NOT been a rental car now far longer than it WAS a rental car.

Given the opportunity to buy a Hertz Shelby, I'm sure 99.9% of us would jump at the chance.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro
http://www.classic-mustang.net/john66/mustang/pics/66fsides2.jpg

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
According to a guide book I have (CPI), the Hertz is worth a few more bucks than the run of the mill Shelby. Not much, but $500-$1000 more. It's the cool wheel center emblems that I like!

65 FB "Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts