Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back someone was working on a hesitation problem they were experiencing...I believe I have the same problem and I was wondering what the fix was. I did a search and couldn't find anything about it.

I tuned up the my engine (timing, compression check, plugs, wires, PVC, fuel filter) and rebuilt the carb. Now when I hit the gas hard it hesitates for a second and then kicks in...any ideas? Guy(NH)

'69 Mustang Grande
351W - 2v - FMX

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds like the accelerator pump isn't giving you a big enough shot.

G

·
0 Posts
i had a similar problem a while back...i found that the accelerater pump arm was bent and not allowing full throw of the pump....also check the accelerater pump diaphram and float level...
HOPE THIS HELPS
SEAN

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
diaphragm...hmmm...you know, in my rebuild kit I bought the diaphragm was the wrong size - it was rectangular not square - I forgot I had to use the old one. Know of anyplace you can buy just the diaphragm? Guy(NH)

'69 Mustang Grande
351W - 2v - FMX

G

·
0 Posts
i am able to buy one from my local parts store...if not try SUMMIT or JEGS

SEAN

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Generic rebuild kits for the 2100 (?) are pretty reasonable...

You might also check with Pony Carbs to see if they offer the parts individually....

It's also possible to get a chunkie in your intermediate circuit (transfer slot) which would account for a lean condition...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
theres a great carb rebuild shop here in northern ca:
recarbco Carburetors
661 Garcia Pl
Pittsburg,CA
925-439-7030
i went in for some odds and ends, and they even threw in a few small parts for free.
good luck
mike o

[color:blue]'65 wimbledon white original coupe I6
'99 silver convertible V6

Check out Mike & Jackie's '65 Mustang </font color=blue>

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx guys! I am going to try a few more places around my house first and if I don't find one this weekend I'll order it (found one at Pony Carb)...it's just $3 but the cheapest shipping is $16!!! Guy(NH)

'69 Mustang Grande
351W - 2v - FMX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts