Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been gone so long I lost my user name and password! For a recap, my son and I found an s-code gt/cs near here. It had been in this old man's field for 23 years! Paid him a song for it and dragged it home. Needs engine and tranny and little else. Only surface rust. Found a '70 F-250 with a 390 and c6. How do I tell it's a 390 and not a 360? I look forward to getting all the great advice and feedback like we've gotten before when we morfed a '67 and '68 into Frankenstang!

Jim

·
4,129 Posts
Welcome Back Jim! So your finally going to drop a big block into that GT/CS :: I'm not sure how to tell the difference from a 360 and 390, but I'm sure someone in here could. BTW the gas tank works great, and my Mustang is now running. Stopping is another issue :p but Hey I can move it around under its own power now. :: Talk to you again soon. fd

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tim, great to hear from you! I'm wondering if anyone has info on Ford truck VIN codes, or casting number info.

Jim

·
4,129 Posts
Well Jim the best advice that I can give is to post your question again and ask for 390 vs. 360 advise. Do you have this truck or are you thinking about getting it? fd

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it 2 weeks ago. $800. Just got the MartiAuto report this week. It's a 390!! Darn truck is so straight i still can't believe it. My son says to put a 460 in it after we yank the 390.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts