Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was give a directive by my wife recently. I am to get the pony back on the road.

Tires and wheels showed up a couple of days ago. Automotive stealth gas tank showed up yesterday.

Anybody interested in my slightly used fuel cell?

I will be selling of lots of parts. I have to build a list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know, I'd love to, but I literally lost all of my photos and my web site. It's a long story, and more than a little embarrassing.

I'll dig around and see what I have left, but there is not much.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll dig around and see what I have left
Well... that was useful. Thanks for the nudge.

I have found the files for my old website. Now I just need to put them up somewhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kent!! Good to hear from you man! I’ve been off VMF for a while too, guess we were thinking the same thing. Looking forward to seeing your fastback on the road again. I forget, are you still running that gorgeous ITB setup or switched to a more conventional EFI manifold?

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you still running that gorgeous ITB setup or switched to a more conventional EFI manifold?

Changing it. The Imagine unit is pretty, but it has been problematic over the years. I am going with the Borla setup this time, with the Fast eztune2 ECU.

I'll post pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Kent, long time no chat. I’ve been away for 20 years myself. I still have lots of parts you gave me a few decades ago, now you’re back getting rid of more.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Only if you have a set of headers guaranteed to fit a 5.0 with no clearance issues....that’s a joke, by the way. Welcome back.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only if you have a set of headers guaranteed to fit a 5.0 with no clearance issues

I do, but they are staying on the car

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Well then, just for curiosity’s sake, what kind are they and how do they fit?

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
FPA long tubes. Fit is excellent. They tuck up perfectly... Can't really see them when looking from the side.

This is the first set of this style he had made, and we went back and forth to get them perfect. Speed the back and forth tracked with blue take and notes until they were perfect, at which point he fined l finisher them off and coated them. Now they are a standard part number.

If you end up with raise-port heads, these are pretty much perfect.

Mind you, I do not have a z-bar, so cannot say much about clearance in that regard.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome back and great car. I'm in Fla. but have a place near Sac, so I look in on the Northern Cali guys!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was give a directive by my wife recently. I am to get the pony back on the road.

Tires and wheels showed up a couple of days ago. Automotive stealth gas tank showed up yesterday.

Anybody interested in my slightly used fuel cell?

I will be selling of lots of parts. I have to build a list.

I might be interested in the fuel cell depending on specs. I am located near Sacramento.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My goodness, Kent, that is long time no see!!! Hope you and your family are well!

It has been an age.

All is well in the family front.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might be interested in the fuel cell depending on specs. I am located near Sacramento.

It is a Fuel Safe 22 gallon drop-in with the lower front corners cut off to make room for the exhaust. The bladder probably should be replaced.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome back! I've been gone for awhile too. Glad to see some familiar names :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts