Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris,
If I remember correctly you had the 67 yes 67 Shelby Vert in your shop. I read somewhere on this sight that the asking price is $1,200,000.00, Yes $1.2 mill!!!! This shows that you and your shop do great work!
::

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
No knock on the resto shop. But I'll tell you, who wants to spend that kind if bread on a car that the owner (as far as I know) has absolutley no concours entries or awards on? (SAAC or MCA)
So I guess I'm saying is that the "Value" of that one might be driven more by the 1 of 1 status, and the value was not set by the restoration shop.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Oh, one does absolutley exist. It's the one at the Volo car museum. It got stolen out in LA back in 1967, then recovered. Shelby used 68 parts to rebuild it (it was used in the 68 Shelby Brouchures)and, because it looked like a 68 it got sold per Shelby American policy.
But, since it was really a 67, and a prototype it would have gotten crushed per Ford Motors Co's policy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I saw the vert alot while I was going up their every weekend to check on my Boss. Chris did not do the resto, he was fixing/cleaning up some of the previous restorations mistakes. The body work done on that car isnt very good Chris does great work and that Shelby had some Hacking done to it from another shop. So saying he did it would be a bad thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts