'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Should get the vent window frames back next Thursday. Will look them over and let you know what I think. A couple were pitted; but they thought that would not be a problem and that they should all come out OK. Will keep you posted. Should hear from me by next weekend. I have a whole bunch of other stuff to send them if this works out. The frames were quoted at $67 each which is not bad compared to the other prices I have received. The real question is quality and results.

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much work did you do on them before taking them in? Did you disassemble them so they didn't have to? I think the more work we do before taking the pieces should have a bearing on the price. The amount of repair that's needed must come into play too. I took some taillight bezels from a 1970 and they cost $90.00 for the pair to be done and shipped for me. (Paragon Plating in Orange County) They would have cost more if they were cast aluminum but whatever the material, I think better prices can be found. They do show chrome too and that's another price level. I'm trying to put myself in their shoes to defend the high prices and I can come up with hazmat costs, SCQAMD, etc.
And the turn around times some of these guys give hasn't even been discussed...

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I removed all of the attached items by drilling out the rivets and gave them the bare cast frames. All of them had some pitting but they said that would not be a problem. They must fill any pits during the copper plating process. We shall see - will let you know.

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts