Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I enjoyed our banter yeserday I didn't get the responses I was looking for. I was trying to find out from you guys what you think my car is worth. The 2 car thing is not an option so I want to get my Stang appraised becasue I don't qualify for any of the classic insurance. I want to get an idea what I may expect to hear from an appraiser as to the value.

Please refer to this post for details on the car:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/f...Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=76868

Thanks

Shaun

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Shaun, the modifications you made to your car will affect the appraised value, for insurance purposes, very little. The insurance companies are not going to give you extra value for shift kits, performance suspension or engine parts. They would just look at that as saying that the car is in the upper end of mechanical condition. What adds value are options - power steering, power brakes, air condition, tilt wheel steering column, upgraded stereo, a little for a shaker set-up. They are pretty traditional in their thinking. What I suggest is to go to the website for Kelly blue book (and NADA). One of these sites, I forget which, has a used car appraisal on-line which extends back to classic stangs. I looked up my 70 on it. Kelly tends to be a little high, so most insurance companies do not go with it. It will give you a rough idea what to expect when going to stated value insurance. I suspect you will be around the $6,500-8,000 range. good luck.

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

G

·
0 Posts
i think at borders or barnes and noble you can get a used car price guide that should suffice for the insurance company.

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts