Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
yah, thats been out a while. I wanted to be the first but i dont even know if ill have the car driving without turbos before college /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

i got my turbos, selling off 2,3, or 4 of them soon so i can buy some guages (boost, a/f, pyrometer).......

my 5.0 HO motor looks good so im getting ready for a non-machine shop rebuild... a rering yah thats it.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
oh yah, if you go junkyarding grab me some saab 900 intercoolers, it would be greatly appriciated not paying $50 a peice for these, $30 is what i want to pay

also looking for brown top 87-88 turbocoupe injectors, like around $5-7 each is my price range

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hehe...I'm in the race also, Shagg. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Gotta wait till the bodywork is done though. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Check out www.turbomustangs.com The forum there is really cool. (of course, not as cool as the VMF haha) Good luck to us all on the project. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
twin turbos on a 5.0?!?!?!

What da ya guys plan to do? launch pistons like scud missles?

man!!! just make sure you use an MSD type anti detonation ignition management system.

It senses pinging and retards timing accordingly.

This will save your pistons from detonation (which can burn a hole in your piston crown)

regards

ps.....I saw 3 84-87 turbo coupe t-birds at my local pick-n-pull
lemme know if you need anything Shagg

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Actually, my twins are going on a 351W. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif There's many people running this setup on daily drivers! I can't wait to try it out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif BTW, are the 84-87 'birds the ones that used the .63 AR turbos? If so, could you send me a PM and let me know prices, etc? I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts