Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is in two months...How far have you gotten with your winter projects? I'm actually pretty glad of having the two projects. When I'm discouraged, I just switch to the other project.

I'll have picks of the hummer this week. I'll be down to the frame, hood is almost finished with the prep work, and the first coat of primer will be layed. I have to build some metal saw horses and start the welding. Picked up some H2 rims and tires for it and a few more exterior pieces.

As far as the mustang is concerned, I am trying to remove the lead from the sheet metal and replace it with something the mustangpainter told me to get. Hopefully sometime this week.

The baby is not as bad or busy as I thought it might be and the SB ref's were horrible.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Glad to see you’ve been making progress and the newborn hasn’t run you ragged.

I've been able to make some progress on the Coupe. Got PS rear quarter and outer wheel well all patched up. Have DS outer wheel well repaired and am fitting full qtr skin now. After that, a rear trunk cross brace and small floor patch and metal work will be done.

Took the FB off the stands yesterday and took her for a spin before SB. About the only vibration I could feel was the roughness of the cam under HARD Excell :winkgrin: so looks like I've finaly liked it. (The real test will be at the track). Still have the front valance to repair.

BTW, you catch the SB Hummer commercial :no:

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Congrats guys!

Well, my only winter project is the gauge upgrade.
Got my harness, and the gauges are wired up on the cluster side in the vacuum formed pod I bought. Next step is to remove the stock cluster and actually fit/wire them in. I've been delayed (a few too many irons in the fire right now). More on that later. ::

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Most (if not all) my spending money for suspension work went to pay doctor's bills. I had planned a lot, but am scaling back until I can sell parts to pay for other parts. :wall:
Daniel

·
Registered
428 Posts
Our weather has been nice but I have not have been out to work on the Coupe much since my college classes have started again. Also, soccer season has started again (I coach, play, and referee). Back in Dec I did manage to replace the front suspension all the way to spindles (disc conversion). I also installed the 8” rear and new rear springs. Next up are the rear brakes (shoes, hardware, cylinders etc). I have all the hardware and the drums have been turned. After that I’ll finish the front brakes. I have the new calipers already. I still need to buy the bearings and have the rotors turned. After that I’m putting in a remanufactured engine and transmission. Then it’s off for an alignment so I can start driving it. I want to drive it to make sure everything is working correctly before she drives it, particularly the brakes. I’m shooting for being able to drive it in May.

In the future I will be finishing the body to get ready for paint. The final step will be the interior and then I will turn it over to my daughter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts