Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is John. I'm 16 years old and about to be a senior in high school here in Georgia. I'm about to buy a 1966 Mustang coupe from my uncle. He got it several years ago when he was a senior in high school. He drove it for a few weeks and then was in a horrible accident with it. He completly rebuilt the car but hasn't really done any driving with it. THe car is in fine condition and drives well even with 4 wheel drum brakes. I'm just wondering how much you all think the car is worth. Also is there anything inparticular I should look for to make sure the car is in good condition.
Thanks for any help
John

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Welcome to the family!

You will need to supply quite a bit more information for people to give you opinions.

• The VIN and door tag info for starters.
  • Whether or not the car is in original condition or modified.
  • What kind of damage was caused in the accident and how it was repaired.
  • How many miles are on the car and how many since it was rebuilt (if it was rebuilt).
  • Provide pictures if at all possible.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its good 93k on it and less than 3k since it was rebuilt. He only turns it on and runs it every week or so cause me and my cousins wanna ride around in it. Also he did most of the rebuilding himself which i beleive was mostly cosmetics. I know this because the car has sat in my grandma's drive way for 7 years now. The car is in stock form but I'll get a list of new and rebuilt parts from him.
I've driven the car several time and and I enjoy it. I'm not really concerned that it may have a few problems because i'm getting it for $2000 and any other car i buy is gonna be a junker anyways.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sounds like a good uncle to have around! Nice car to have and drive. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
646 Posts
John,

Welcome to the forum!!! If you've got questions, we've got answers. I live in Georgia too! I'm sure these guys will tell you what you need to know about worth etc., but I still wanted to say hi and welcome! Depending on how highly optioned the car is, you could expect the value of the car to be between $2500-$8000. I know it's a wide range, but it depends on family discount, options, etc.

Deathman68

Deathman68

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Hi Johnny, welcome to VMF. The car you stated can be worth $2000.00- $4000.00 depending on condition & options.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi John: and welcome to the board. It's nice to see another /66 coupe join the groupe. You will find lots of helpful suggestions here, you just have to ask. Mark

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
You get the VMF newbie common sense award for walking in and registering what must be the most commonplace name on the planet....I can't believe someone amongst the thousands of members here hadn't registered it before...

I hope that common sense extends to vintage Pony's as well *G*

Seek out your local Mustang club and get a member to take a look at the car for you...most are happy to do it for free but it never hurts to offer a donation..*G*

My uneducated (at this point) guess would be in the 2-4K range...

If you can post some pictures, let us know and we'll tell you what to take pictures of...after all, the car isn't going anywhere soon, yes? *G*

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts