Vintage Mustang Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So, I needed one of the baffles for the drivers side louver assembly, the longer one of the two. I looked around for some similar guage metal, found it in an inexpensive baking pan at Dollar General and used my template I made from the inverse of the passenger side. Turned out pretty good, at least good enough for something you'll never see. So now I have both vent louvers installed. Baby steps.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Since I’m hobbled after the yellow jacket attack, I decided to clean up on my windows in preparation for putting them back in. I wasn’t the one who disassembled them, so stand by for questions.

Attachments

Reactions: QuietChris

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Ok sports fans, time to get back at it. I can actually breathe out here in the garage now. Unfortunately in my inventorying I discovered the inner works for my vent louvers didn’t make it back with the car. Looks like I’m going to be helping NPD out with their bottom line.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
One down.
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Grey Carbon

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
A bunch more baby steps. Cleaned and lubed door latches and installed them along with new handles. Also cleaned and painted my slider assemblies. Will get those in soon. Glad Fall is here, it’s nice to be able to breathe out in the garage.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Wheel
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Hood
Trunk Automotive exterior Hood Rectangle Bumper
Electrical wiring Gas Machine Cable Electronic device

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
No pics, but I did what I was sort of dreading. Body guys put in a new headliner years ago before I got my car back. Not long ago I noticed it was sagging in a couple spots. Knowing it was likely mice, I finally ripped it out. Small nest but nothing active. I was also a little less surprised to see they had put some foil backed foam insulation up there. Wasn’t attached, but I’ll give them E for effort. I’ll ultimately add insulation and put in a one piece liner, most likely MTF. Soon it’s going to be wiring time……yay!

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
7,504 Posts
I used Noico thermal insulation on the underside of my roof. It worked great, got it from Amazon. 15.7" x 9.8" self adhesive sheets, it worked great. I used Noico on my floor as well, my floor was cool to touch from inside the car. Good stuff without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
What mil did you use?

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
So, years ago I started my AAW requiring. I had the fuse block installed and wiring started. Flash forward to today when I began to finish it. First I watched some videos and realized I needed to wrap some of it first and it would be much easier to install with the wiper motor and bracket removed. So out it all came. $40 worth of 5” upholstery foam to level it all out across the seat pan and I’m back at it, much older, wearing readers and not nearly as limber, but I’m back at it. Pray for me….
Circuit component Electricity Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas
I’m
Bicycle tire Electrical wiring Vehicle Wood Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Saw where I can get just a gasket for the cowl vent flap so I thought I’d try to clean mine up. After wire wheeling and dremel sanding and pounding out flap pivots I finally decided this thing is a little too eat up, so it goes on my NPD list for replacement. At least I tried.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Engineering Machine

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
I guess nothing lasts forever.
I managed to save / restore mine this time.
In another 50 years, my kids will be looking for good used reproduction pieces if they can't 3D print one in the kitchen.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I guess nothing lasts forever.
I managed to save / restore mine this time.
In another 50 years, my kids will be looking for good used reproduction pieces if they can't 3D print one in the kitchen.
I think I could have saved it, but for $120 on a piece no one will see, I think I’ll pick other battles. Besides, I worry about Rick during these lean times and I need to keep NPD out of the red….

Reactions: myfirstcar66
61 - 80 of 81 Posts