Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all!

I was left with some cars and car parts. Among it all is this brand new looking engine on a stand. If anyone can tell me some info on this it would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps my Dad owned a 66 GT350 which I have paxton supercharger from, also several Sunbeam Tigers - basically lots of shelby stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,729 Posts
Take the valve covers and oil pan off to confirm. You can use google to identify a Hipo engine. Much larger damper, screw-in rocker studs, larger main caps and I believe on top of the heads you should see casted in 289 2 dots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to start selling some of it. I would like to end up with a working Tiger, but most other things will go.

Going to pull a valve cover soon and look for stampings. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Early Torker intake. C4-F block is one of the ones that could have had the hipo main caps. You'll need to pull the oil pan to verify.
19,20,21 are the proper ID on the 289HP heads.

·
Registered
35,272 Posts
5-bolt 289...early style timing cover with oil filler tube. No holes in valve cover. That intake is covering the rear draft tube opening.... thus no way to ventilate crankcase. DItto on verifying heads and popping the pan to look at the main caps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts