Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I installed my engine yesterday, pictures to come as soon as I get my computer back which had a hard drive failure. Before I installed the engine I bolted on the headers while it sat on the stand. By the way, the headers fit like a glove and the clearances are right on, well almost. First of all, I could not find the bolt and bushing that go onto the block to hold the z-bar in place, so I just held it in place in such a way where the clutch fork was lined up with the pointed rod that goes attached to the z-bar. From what I could tell, when lined up in this way, when the z-bar swings back it makes contact with the lower exhaust tube. In refering to the shop manual I noticed that my z-bar is the hi-po type. The question is whether anyone has installed these headers with a hi-po z-bar? I am going to order the missing parts, that attach the z-bar to the engine, and probably also order a regular z-bar. In talking with somebody at Doug's, they stated that they do not have any fitment issues with these particular type of headers. I am still unsure of what exactly it will be like until I install the whole clutch assembly but we will see, this could all be for nothing in that it might all line up correctly once I install it. By the way, it took a lot of manuevering to get that engine and tranny unit in, but she is in :)!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts