Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum and just became a proud owner of a 66 mustang with an auto 289. It has been in the family since new owned by my great grandmother. it was last registered in 1979 and hasn't been on the road since. it has sat outside in Arizona for the last 30 some years so needs lot work hence why im here to learn and find out where to start. I know it probably needs a new cowl and the front side panels probably need replaced. Anyway looking forward to seeing what I can learn and where I need to start

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Post some pics!

You've come to the right place...

Welcome!

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Cool back story! Hope to see it on the road soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok added some pictures in the gallery. Not sure how to link to them, yet.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Welcome to the VMF,
Ya the paint is burnt like crazy and probably any other soft parts Rubber ,vinyl, seats, dash, ect. you have what us rust belt folks would die for solid sheet metal . Are you sure the cowl is bad ? don't see how it could be

This area on a rust belt car would be,, Well, rusted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im not sure since the cowl is full of juniper berries and debris. If you look closely at the first picture right below the crease you can see where the panel has a hole in it. The other side is pretty crunchy in the same spot. I am in the process of cleaning out the inside since it has had an army of rats living in it so as soon as I can get that cleaned out will work on getting the front quarters off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the drivers side rear quarter has been rusted out at the bottom behind the tire as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts