Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! The Pacific NW holds a special place in my heart - I grew up in Edmonds, WA. In fact, the car that started VMF, my old poppy red 65 fastback, came from there.

So, hello everyone! Hopefully I'll make it up there one of these summers!

-bob

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Hi everyone!
Hi bob <drinks>

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! The Pacific NW holds a special place in my heart - I grew up in Edmonds, WA. In fact, the car that started VMF, my old poppy red 65 fastback, came from there.
Cool, never knew that. We produced the presidents of VMF and MCA. (don't ask the question, bob)

So, hello everyone! Hopefully I'll make it up there one of these summers!
Roundup '04 is in 11 1/2 months. Make plans now!

-bob
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Wow....Edmonds to Des Moines....that had to be a bit of culture shock! :: Nice of you to stop by...Sure you weren't just checking up on us? :eek: ( not that this group needs any checking on of course) :: :: ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Thanks for saying Hi. We'll have a cool one in your honor next time we get together.

Oh Hell, I'm not gunna wait that long.......... So here's to ya Bob ::

No No, I'm not talking "That" kind of cool one. We're in the PNW, home of the world renowned Starbucks, where there's always something for someone.

Cheers! ;):: ;)

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's on the other coast now - in New Jersey. The guy doesn't frequent the forum too much, but every once in awhile he pops in.

-bob

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Thanks for stopping by Bob !
pssst...watch your language boys, the boss is here. :eek: ;)

You should really make it up here for Round-up next year, it's great. Hell, next year I might even be able to paticipate! ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
watch your language boys, the boss is here
Is that kinda like the "Look busy" mode.... :: :: ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
As far as watching over us, we have the humaritarian president and some guy that sell inflatables to do that. :: ::
OMG, Dan said something funny! And no pee-pee reference! :eek:
Good one. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
As far as watching over us, we have the humaritarian president and some guy that sell inflatables to do that. :: ::
Inflatable toy king?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Hey Bob. Welcome to our little corner of your world.

When you make it up here again, Steve will buy us all dinner! :: :: ;) ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
When you make it up here again, Steve will buy us all dinner! :: :: ;) ::
You betcha! Taco Bell all around!

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was tough to sell it, that's for sure. But, when I bought the fastback (in college, completely broke) what I always wanted was a Shelby. So, when I realized the Shelby, well, the fastbacks already boring life (I didn't drive it very often at ALL, like a couple of miles a year tops) was going to get more boring - it deserved a better home. So, someone got a great car, I got some much needed funds to back the Shelby restoration - everyone wins! I'm having so much fun with the new car that there isn't much regret about it. The only time I get melancholy about it is when I think about it being the catalyst behind my starting VMF...

-bob

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Yeah, but someone else is able to share the fun now, too. I just sold my first stang, a 67 coupe I bought eight years ago and (nearly) completely restored. I am now planning a mild restomod with my 1966--a T5, 3.55 trac lock and granada front discs.
It's always nice to hear from the top... ::
Daniel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts