Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife works at a small surgery center, mission critical to stay open.

Now closed, 1 person tested positive, had hid their symptoms for a week to get a paycheck, and now everyone is quarantined for 2 weeks, many with no PTO time.

They do 30+ surgeries a day, all cancelled now.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
an employee tested positive, knew, and still went in ?!?? That's like going in armed with intent- should be punishable!!
The surgery thing sucks- I just found out through an MRI that I have a torn bicep and a torn tendon in my right shoulder. That explains the pain and abuse of ibuprofen! My consult won't be for a month, then surgery who knows when- hope there's not a run meds too!
BTW- hope your wife nor you end up with it!

·
Premium Member
5,259 Posts

Now closed, 1 person tested positive, had hid their symptoms for a week to get a paycheck, and now everyone is quarantined for 2 weeks, many with no PTO time.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
So that means you are all quarantined, including everyone you were all in contact with. I would be pretty pi$$ed too.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I agree, insipid hicks are pests!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
That person should be terminated for putting the entire staff at risk.

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts
Trying to keep this post from being locked down as political. Deleted a couple of posts. No big deal, yet.

·
Registered
749 Posts
So I got shut down from surgery last week. I do 20 cataract surgeries a week and I'm booking out 4-6 weeks. So, when I get the go ahead, my life is gonna be nuts. This stoppage in elective surgery is necessary since during one day the people in my room could go thru 50-100 surgical masks. Given the shortage, they could be used elsewhere. Also, the dept of health gave us some loose guidance on what is considered urgent or emergent. So if we feel we "really" need to do a surgery we can. For me, all of my surgeries are elective and can wait.

Is it annoying, yes. But I can see why they did it. Also you don't want to go in for an elective procedure and come out in worse shape.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My little sister works at hospital and they have converted one of their pediatric wards over to quarantine wing. Got several acquaintances with delayed surgeries now. Grandson was to have oral surgery in prep for braces right before spring break so he could recover before going back to school. Well, school on line now, so plenty of time to recover but no surgery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts