Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seats in my 66 Mustang convertible are in need of replacement.
I understand 69 and 70 Mustang seats are good, bolt-in subs.
Any others, something more common? How hard is it to fit in Fox body Mustang seats? I liked the look of some power seats in a mid 80s T-bird!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those Supra seats look like a real score! Unfortunately I live in a small Nebraska town, and my local recycling yard is in hibernation. The only halfway decent seats I saw were in Fox Mustangs and a couple of T-Birds. I had hoped to find something to drop in, as I'm no welder, and with school starting soon, and winter on the way, I didn't want to start any lengthy projects. I do envy the folks in Texas and California, who can drive their cars year round.
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put some high backs from an 89 LX 5.0 in my 68 fastback. It was pretty easy. I used the original 68 rails. The width of the bolt holes are the same, so I bolted the front of the rails right in place. The rear holes required drilling through the seat frame and had to be spaced @ 1/4". Use 5/16 x 1 1/2" bolts with nuts and lock washers and it works great. The newer seats look great and are comfortable too. When I finish my interior, I'll have them re-upholstered to match.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Dano, that's what I wanted to hear, as I can get my hands on several decent Fox seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts