Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know for sure if the center wire on the headlight plug is the high beam feed. I looked at the wiring diagram briefly the other day and the center wire attached to the larger filament in the bulb. Am I reading this right?

Working on my driving light upgrade project ... 2 hellas in the lower grill opening.

Thanks

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Jay,

Can't help you with the wiring question now. Later when I've got some materials. However, are you wiring the Hellas into the existing wiring? or are you using a relay and picking off the existing wiring to energize the relay? I strongly recommend that you perform the latter, as the wiring on the older cars goes a long way (battery - switch - lamps) and the headlight switch is not rated for all of the extra current that would be added with the Hellas.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct on your second assumption. Relay turns the driving lights on. I am choosing this install over adding another switch and the associated wiring. Easier and cleaner.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts