Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 vert is in a high school homecoming parade this afternoon. Only thing is, I have a work commitment so a friend is driving it...:surprise: I will be fretting about for the next couple of hours..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check that - my wife decided to drive it...I will be still be fretting about it for the next couple of hours.

This is a strange parade where they go to the elementary school, middle schools, and then the high school and parade around the schools. I suspect a total of 25 miles driving between the schools.

I spent last night detailing it and it does look good.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I know the feeling. I experienced it when my wife decided she wanted to drive my '66 to church one Sunday (without me)!

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
I'll save a story for after you get it back in perfect condition!

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
976 Posts
Are they going to be sitting in the rear seats or will they try to sit between the top of the seats and trunk? I know some folks have built a wooden structure to allow folks to sit there, just asking since would hate for someone to sit there with no support. Thats what I would worry about if my convertible car was going to be in a parade and folks sitting in the back. Maybe its just me??

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I have had folks sit back on the rear top of the rear seat in a 66 vert with no problems afterwards and never worried about it but that's been over 30 years ago. Wes

·
Registered
50 Posts
Use to use my Mom's Vert for Homecoming back in the late 70's.

The homecoming Queen put her heel through the Top cover!

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Here she is back at home safely in the driveway.
That is a GoRgEoUs car !
Nightmist Blue?
I'm going to restore a NmB car with my younger son.

Story time... I've had MyFirstCar since 1992, and got married in 1999. Left our wedding in it. Wife asked me if I would ever consider trading it for a motorcycle... NO. Later that year she reluctantly drove it to work one beautiful day while did some maintenance and detailed her 97 Cougar (also a nice ride). She came home that afternoon, tears in her eyes, asking, pleading, PLEASE don't be mad at her...some doofus fell off his bike while she was stopped at a traffic light and his handlebar scraped the paint about 6" right by the passenger door handle. Kissed the wife, touched up the paint as best I could, it's still there today, and I'm still married. It's a driver...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is Caspian blue. You can't tell from the picture, but I installed dual redline tires on it a couple of years ago and they really pop against the blue. My buddy has a 67 malibu SS and he liked the look of the redlines so much he installed them on his car - single redlines though.

I just watched a video of the parade - couple of newer corvette convertibles, newer pickup trucks????, couple porsche boxters, new audi convertible, new camaro covertible, new mustang convertible, 68 GTO, and my 65. What has happened to all the old cars???

The best part of the parade for me, was my wife finally admitted she doesn't like the 3spd manual. I had planned to change to a T5 when I dropped the built 306 in it, but ran out of steam. So my winter project - T5 swap!!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Use to use my Mom's Vert for Homecoming back in the late 70's.
The homecoming Queen put her heel through the Top cover!
Are you still friends with the Homecoming Queen?!

Reactions: samgupta

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Yeah...........! You survived the nervousness. Glad it worked out in everyone's favor. Not sure how I would feel, if my wife could even drive my Mustang,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts