Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a trade deal for a set of 69 bucket seats with headrests that are needing complete reupholstering, the gentleman wants my set of original k code exhaust manifolds for the 2 seats, am i getting the short end of the deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
I paid 250 for a pair of ratty '69 seats that needed new padding and recovering. I didn't get an especially good deal. I think for a pair of nice manifolds, it'd be a pretty fair trade!

Edit: ... holy cow. Just looked up prices on those manifolds. They have sure gone up! Not sure this is a great deal.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Those are original manifolds? I dont see any ford markings.
I have a set of repop hipo manifolds that have the correct part numbers but no fomoco markings.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's a set of Kcode manifolds on my local CL, guy is asking $800 and they've been up for a while. I've paid $150 for pairs of 70 buckets in the past(needed new upholstery).
I'd sell those manifolds separately or get some cash on the deal.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
EVERY Mustang built had two seat ( unless bench ), but EVERY Mustang did NOT have hi-po exhaust manifolds. Your parts have way more value ! Dean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought these are original, maybe not, i just figured since they had the correct part numbers on them they where the real deal. They came in a box of parts when i bought the car.

Where should the ford logo be on the manifolds

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
If you ask me, the value is anywhere from $0.02 per pound up to "x". They are probably worth the most to someone with a concours-restoration project that needs a set. IIRC, they aren't date-coded so that isn't an issue. There's no incentive to buy these over a set of reproduction HiPo's as the repros flow better (and are new) so it's just being able to say that "these are genuine, original HiPo manifolds". I'd probably stick them on fleaBay and let the high bidder decide their worth.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I thought these are original, maybe not, i just figured since they had the correct part numbers on them they where the real deal. They came in a box of parts when i bought the car.

Where should the ford logo be on the manifolds
Flip them over, there will be a date code if original. There won't be a Ford or Fomoco stamp.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if those would work on my 79 F150? I have tried to find out if tri-y's would fit it but nobody seems to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts