Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a leak in the right exhaust manifold its time to make the change. I have a 66/302 automatic w/single exhaust and dont have the cash to go with duals at this time (#2 child going off to school w/all my money.)

I have recently acquired a set of orig. hipos and am faced with the question of should I install the hipo set now , or go with a set of repro stock mainfolds until I can buy the duals etc.?

Will the hipo set fit without any cutting or modifying my exhaust?
Please weigh in on this and help me make this decision and thanks for looking in.

Bill in Maine.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
To save money, I would buy a used right side manifold at a swap meet or junkyard. BTW, why is it leaking?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The 66 factory single exhaust Y pipe will not work with 289 HiPo cast manifolds.

You might consider selling the HiPos and using the proceeds to buy one of those low-dollar dual set ups that will work with the stock 2v manifolds. If they are original factory HiPo manifolds, I would think someone building a concours K-code car might consider them quite valuable - even though repros can be found for less the $250.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts