Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was leaving school today and I was turning right to go home and the lady infront of me was tuning left she was about to go. Then she was half way in the road and got scared and threw it into reverse and did this to my fender and then speed off. we got footage from the cameras and she’s a student :/ great way to start a day.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Yep sucks for sure...hopefully you can get all of her info etc., get charges pressed and be made whole.

John

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bad move on her part leaving the scene. At least she didn't get into your door or quarter panel.

Reactions: HoustonGlock

·
Premium Member
11,172 Posts
If you replace the fender dont throw that one away. Bent fenders are great to put big flares on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a crap ton of bondo I don’t think I want to press charges cuz they go to my school but I definitely want money to get a good fender

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I hope you've had your car appraised, and that your insurance says what the car is actually worth.

·
Registered
67 Mustang 351w
49 Posts
Hopefully they give you enough money to put in a bigger motor so that you can run down her Hyundai next time.

Joking aside, that sucks about your car. Who gives a s*** that she goes to your school? She broke the law and needs to be punished for it. If you don't, hopefully your insurance will go after her.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That sucks, Glad to hear you have the video. Gives you options.

Someone once hit the plastic car. Apparently they were concerned that someone might have seen them. So they got out wrote a nice note and dropped it on the seat. Top was down. The note read "oops, I hit your car. Sorry." Someone did see but all they could tell me was that it was brunette in a honda.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm surprised your rim (+ steering/suspension) didn't suffer any damage!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are hit and run incidents common in the US? Someone would have to be a real low life to drive off after causing an accident.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,777 Posts
Damn, that sucks to see! And it was real stupid of her to run off if she goes to the same school as you... because you are guaranteed to find her. I would press charges because people need to learn that they need to be accountable for their actions right away, instead of just "if they get caught". Better for her to learn the lesson now than when she's older and in a far worse situation. At any rate, she should be on the hook for the new fender and paint. You can always work things out outside of court but you shouldn't let her get away with it entirely.

I was 'lucky' in that the guy who hit me felt absolutely terrible about it and was a good upstanding guy. He called his insurance, told them it was his fault (it was), and they paid for everything. It was a much pricier repair than yours will be because he rear-ended me going 40 mph faster than I was going, which did about $22,000 of damage. But, his insurance paid up, I was made whole, and I doubt that his insurance really went up that much considering it was a first time offense.

Are hit and run incidents common in the US? Someone would have to be a real low life to drive off after causing an accident.
Yes, they are EXTREMELY common as a lot of people don't have insurance... or morals. Or both? The worst are pedestrian hit and runs.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Yup, definitely press charges. If she gets away with it this time with just an insurance payoff, what does she do next time? Actions have consequences.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn, that sucks to see! And it was real stupid of her to run off if she goes to the same school as you... because you are guaranteed to find her. I would press charges because people need to learn that they need to be accountable for their actions right away, instead of just "if they get caught". Better for her to learn the lesson now than when she's older and in a far worse situation. At any rate, she should be on the hook for the new fender and paint. You can always work things out outside of court but you shouldn't let her get away with it entirely.

I was 'lucky' in that the guy who hit me felt absolutely terrible about it and was a good upstanding guy. He called his insurance, told them it was his fault (it was), and they paid for everything. It was a much pricier repair than yours will be because he rear-ended me going 40 mph faster than I was going, which did about $22,000 of damage. But, his insurance paid up, I was made whole, and I doubt that his insurance really went up that much considering it was a first time offense.

Yes, they are EXTREMELY common as a lot of people don't have insurance... or morals. Or both? The worst are pedestrian hit and runs.
Yes it’s sad people hit pedestrians and run especially kids i will definitely get insurances involved we have figured out her name now just waiting for her insurance and will let the insurance company’s figure out what’s fair

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Yes it’s sad people hit pedestrians and run especially kids i will definitely get insurances involved we have figured out her name now just waiting for her insurance and will let the insurance company’s figure out what’s fair
If you haven't done so, make a police report and have the police charge her with the hit and run. Let her know that bad behavior does have consequences.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
If leo is already involved its a crime in most places to leave the scene, you don't do a thing, the state charges her and thats that...sounds like it was not on private property. Do you mean you had a GoPro running that captured the events!.... One more incident proving why we should all spend the 150 or whatever for some type of gopro...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts