Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work's boring the snot out of me right now, and the previous thread has Mustangs on my mind.

Would anybody be up for a Mustang work party at my place some Saturday in the not too distant future? I'd supply the pizza, pop and beer. Depending on how many people show up, we could accomplish a lot on my 66:

- Remove seats and install my new leather Maxima seats

- While seats are out, fix some underdash wiring issues (maybe I'll get a whole new harness)

- Clean/paint/Polish/ my Keystones, run them to Les Schwab for tires, then install them

- Fix my window rollers, fix the tranny dipstick O-ring, and a dozen other little tasks.

I know, this is nothing more than selfish grovelling for slave labor, but what the heck, we're a "club" right? Think of it as dues!

Anyway, just a thought, I'd like to see what others think. I'm sure you all could use some slave labor too, which I would gladly participate in.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
The "near" future is out for me...gotta get mine wrapped up first. But, once I'm able to drive it over there...I'm in! :)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
.....How Much Beer? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Did somebody say BEER ? :: :: :: ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
...and was that before or after working on the car?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
<homer voice> Mmmmmm Beer! </homer voice>

I'd be up for it. It would be best after the weather turns bad since there's a bunch of honey-do's that are piled up on my plate right now that are outside type activities.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Not to take away Dan's thunder, but if anyone ever feels like working on a mustang, drop by my house. Perhaps help me install my disc brakes, shocks etc. Whadya guys think? :)

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Oh such a great invite :: (Free BEER & All). I might be interested if I could work it so as to stop by on my way home from Sultan some Sat/Sun.

Wouldn't want to be doing any body work with a BEER Buz :: :p

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lord, sorry I mentioned beer!

Anyway, I'm serious about this. My definition of "near term" is sometime before next summer, so yes, this would be best scheduled during the dreary months. Britton, let us know when you plan to install those brakes/shocks and maybe you can count me in (someone else would have to buy the beer huh?).

Bottom line: is this a good idea or not? Maybe this could turn into a regular thing at various garages. Those of you who say your too busy doing your cars, would a bunch of helpers speed things up? I think having helpers come over would get me off my butt to do some work on the car, and the wife certainly won't interrupt me with honeydos if I'm with a bunch of drunken greasemonkeys!

·
Registered
483 Posts
...with a bunch of drunken greasemonkeys...
So, We're installing the keystones under your dash, running the maxima seats up to Les Schwab, putting the tranny dipstick o-ring in your window rollers and.... No, no, I meant we're underwiring your... No... ::

Perhaps we should just have another beer... :p

Good idea... When are you lot coming south?

Z.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Bottom line: is this a good idea or not? Maybe this could turn into a regular thing at various garages. Those of you who say your too busy doing your cars, would a bunch of helpers speed things up? I think having helpers come over would get me off my butt to do some work on the car, and the wife certainly won't interrupt me with honeydos if I'm with a bunch of drunken greasemonkeys!
I like the idea! I definitely think it would help those of us with pending projects to get our asses in gear.
Sometimes you just get into a slump and don't feel like doing much because there are so many other things going on. :(

Right now, I am stripping the engine bay and I need to replace the inner fender apron/battery tray. I wanted to get that out of the way before I started on the suspension and brakes. The engine I have is complete and ready to drop in! (Although I am trying to save up to finish building the other 289).

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Are you talking about trying to coordinate a monthly, or bi-monthly, work party for a fellow VMF'r or just encouraging folks to ask for help when they feel they need it?

In a "Big Picture" kind of way, I'd say YES! Having some additional help around when trying to tackle the bigger jobs like engine build/swap, trans swap, brake install, and other mechanical things could make stuff go allot easier (emphasis on the "Could" :p).

I think where things get tough, is on the coordination/participation side. Take me for instance; Right now, I'm so pre-occupied (read self absorbed), with what I've got going on with my FB, that it's really hard for me to "want" to break away. Even if it is to help a fellow VMF'r ::. I know, I know, what goes around comes around. It's just that you never know about the "comes around" part ::

On the other hand, if something was planned for the dreary days of winter, and I am farther along with my FB as I expect to be, I'd be more inclined to help a fellow "Club" member ::

Guess it boils down to where each of us are with our own projects/obligations at the time the request is made.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
obviously It doesn't work real well for me... but for the right project, I'd be willing to take the trip for the learning experience with no strings...well maybe one...I get to paint flames on something! ::

1 - 14 of 14 Posts