Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The misses and I have been watching an Aussie series, Brokenwood. Its a murder mystery set in the fictional town of Brokenwood, AU. Its pretty good but suspiciously looks a lot like Colombo.

Anyway, the guy drives a 71 Holden.

It looks a lot like a AMC Hornet rear ended a Nova and Holden just went with it. It shows him driving it, three on the tree. I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
The misses and I have been watching an Aussie series, Brokenwood. Its a murder mystery set in the fictional town of Brokenwood, AU. Its pretty good but suspiciously looks a lot like Colombo.

Anyway, the guy drives a 71 Holden.

It looks a lot like a AMC Hornet rear ended a Nova and Holden just went with it. It shows him driving it, three on the tree. I like it.
The model is a HT and they were built from 69 - 70.

The Monaro was the "killer" car of that series. These are going for around US$ 90K now days.

This was the Aussie Ford contribution around that time. Was rated the fastest factory car in the world at the time.

These go for around US$ 180K if you can find a genuine one.

BTW, it's a good show.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah we like our cars and racing.

Google v8 supercars Bathurst. Every year (since the 1950's) we have a 1000km race which goes for around 6 hours. Its pretty full on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is one of my Holdens. It's a 2002 Holden Monaro. These were exported to the US and sold as GTO's but I think they destroyed the look with the GTO front clip (yellow one below) .

Monaro.jpg GTO.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts