Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does my 67 Mustang coupe have a hole in the ceiling for the roll bar mount? If so or if not where is it located? I forgot to look before I put the headliner on. so now I'm in a bit of a bind trying to figure out what's up there

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There are slots in the roof to accommodate a j clip - nut that you would bolt the rollbar to. This would be for a show bar only, not used for support. That’s the way a fastback is, pretty sure a coupe is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Yes, both hardtop and fastback have that location. I have never been able to find the large J nut required to use it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much thanks. Looks like I can just make a heavy plate to tuck in there. Now that I know what and where to look I will go check mine out.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,618 Posts
I love this forum sometimes. A '67 and '68 over almost 40 years, and however many years on here and I never noticed this opening nor knew it had a purpose. Learned something new today!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Yes, both hardtop and fastback have that location. I have never been able to find the large J nut required to use it.

View attachment 744973
I've got a whole box of them from some fastener company in Colorado. I don't know if they are an exact repo, but they fit the hole and the threads match the shoulder harness bolt. If we can still PM, send me your address and I'll get a couple of them in the mail to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts