Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 66 factory dash was hacked up to put in a new stereo by the previous owner, and there was a smaller hole on the left hand and right hand side of the factory radio area.

Is this for the dash installation? My repair plate didn't have those holes in them but they can be drilled out its not an issue just wondering whats going on with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what my 66 dash looks like. Original, never hacked up.

I know the two larger holes are for the radio knobs and I *think* the two smaller ones are for the dash pad?

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir,

That's how mine was, it was hacked up between the two smaller holes. If anyone can confirm these two smaller holes are in fact for the dash I will drill them out before my dash get's painted.

Now to find some information on everything that needs to go back in/behind the dash I think many things are going to be put back in then taken out then back in :(

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bryan/College Station is where Texas A&M is. :)

oh and I'm not a 'sir'. LOL One of a few ladies out there working on her own pony! :thumbsup: I'm in the same kind of situation. Previous owner did some really funny things behind my dash since he built the car for racing (you can notice the ugly kill switches on the diamond plate lol) and so I have to remove everything and redo it, find what I'm missing, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No worries! And I really wouldn't say I've been working too much on my car. Unless you count beating the crap out of it with BFH and saying lots of curse words. :loco:

I'm about to attempt to replace the entire cowl, both upper and lower. That's not going to be fun at all.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's nothing a BFH can't fix, and if it can't you need a bigger one!

My cowl is being replaced right now, the new one looks to fit pretty darn well but it's an expensive replacement panel/s. It's a pretty time consuming project. I'm assuming you already have the hood, fenders etc on already so you can line things up. My whole front end is a bare frame so it's going to take some planning to get it right.

By the way, are you from Australia?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me? Nope, not from Australia.

My mustang was on the road until early winter. It ran and I drove it around for about 6 months... until the fruitjar MC gave out and lost all brakes while I was backing out of my garage. Rolled right into the neighbors front lawn. :skullnbones:

I figured then was as good as time as any to start the restoration so I started taking it apart a couple months ago. It started with the idea of just replacing the MC but then one thing lead to another I figured now was a good time to go ahead and repair the cowl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts