Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 Mustang with 351 Cleveland 2v heads and ford Motorcraft carberator and factory shaker. I'm not real happy with the Mororcraft carb
so I'm considering upgrading to a Holley Street Advenger carb, but I'm conserned about the Holley interfering with the base of the Shaker and the final height of the shaker as it sticks through the hood. Does anyone have any experience with this combination, any help will be greatly apprecated. ED

·
Registered
680 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem, because I think you should have the same base as the Boss 302 and the 4 barrel Cleveland. The boss 302 and 428's came from the factory with Holley carbs....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 428 w/shaker I have an aftermarket Holley 750DP. I had to use a 1/2" carb spacer to get the shaker back to the correct height

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ed:
I can't offer you advice on the height etc., but based on what I have learned here, you might want to consider a road demon carb instead!!! I have seen many people complain about the street avenger, most recently TFOB's installed a Street Avenger on his 429, ran it for 15 minutes, decided it would not cut the mustard and went back and bought a road demon carb!!! Now he's very happy!!!!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I went to the Demon 750 Double pumper, manuel secondaries, on the 460 after the motor swap. I love it...I would recommend it....

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I have a 1970 mustang with a cleveland and a shaker with a holley. The intake is more of an issue to hieght. I run just a little spacer under the carb, but I like the bottom ot the shaker opening to be about level with the top of the shaker ring. Your shaker also will adjust left,right,front and back a little.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I know a lot of Boss owners that have replaced there 780 cfm holley's with the Holley 3310 750 cfm. There has been no issues with the shakers that I have heard of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts