Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a Holley 4 barrel carbuator and plan to rebuild it before I use it. On the secondary bowl is a stamp 8484D or 8484O, it's hard to tell. The local parts store can not locate a kit for it and I have look in a couple of parts catalogs with no success. Any ideas on what I have? Is there another name for it? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
37,821 Posts
Please give a little more information. Is it a square-flange or spread-bore? Is it single-feed or dual-feed? Is it mechanical secondary or vacuum? Last but not least, is there another stamping on the face of the air horn (by the choke) facing toward the front? For instance, mine is stamped O-4777S. With this info, go to the Holley Web Site and check their listings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is where I show my limited knowledge, please explain square flange and spread-bore.

·
Registered
37,821 Posts
Square flange has all the throttle bores the same size (or pretty darn close). Spread bores have small primary bores and real big secondary bores.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, I believe I found some of the paper work that came with it. I think it's a O-1850 Universal 600 CFM carbuator. The Holly web page tells me it either a 4160HP (shiny) or 4160HP (classic). What is the differance does it matter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts