Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a holley 600 cfm vaccum secondairy carb on my 302 in my mustang. To get the idle mixture right the screws must be turned nearly all the way in, which according to the decal on the side of the metering block makes it rich, not lean as usual. Anything I can do about this? Or should I just leave it as it runs fine as it is? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
if it had been modifed then that could be the problem. The smog carbs have little adjustablity and it has reverse screws so maybe that is the carb that you got.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
The basic fact those emission holleys have reverse idle mixture screws isnt a problem.....

If it runs and idles well, I wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The smog carbs have little adjustablity and it has reverse screws so maybe that is the carb that you got.
i didn't say that it was a problem but they don't have alot of adjustablity and that is maybe why is why he can have them mostly closed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard others tell me that it may be an emmissions carb, but I don't think it is. I bought it used and rebuilt it, but I don't think it was ever modified as it didn't look like it was ever apart. It wasn't even that old at the time I got it. I'm thinking that because it's running fine, not to mess with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts