Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Mustang fastback GT390
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the sniper wired & plumbed in the 351c.
went through the basic setup procedure, timing, 12 & 34 idle, ect.
fired up & sounded awesome, took it out for some street driving & started missing a beat, took it on the motorway/freeway anything past 40-45mph the engine would just die then pick up, foot down gently back up to 40-45mph would just die again till I took my foot of the gas peddle.

can anyone help me out on all the other settings that might need adjusting cuz I ain’t got a clue, or share the full list what might work.
thanks Mark.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Holley 12-305 in tank fuel module fitted.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think he's asking if you have a fuel gauge or can read the pressure off the handheld unit. I.e. 58 lbs.
Hand held does not read fuel pressure. He has to install a pressure gauge in the fuel line and check the pressure at idle and higher rpms. I installed mine on the inlet fitting that attaches to the Sniper.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Hand held does not read fuel pressure. He has to install a pressure gauge in the fuel line and check the pressure at idle and higher rpms. I installed mine on the inlet fitting that attaches to the Sniper.
Thanks I wasn't sure if the hand held read that parameter or not.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
I’ve took a back seat & re-accessed how I’ve set this kit up.
A couple of mistakes which I think I’ve made.

The 2 pink & the small red wire are all tied in together & join the red wire the powered the old MSD box, I’ve just realised the pink coming out of the sniper harness should go to hot while crank ignition switch ?? & the remaining pink & small red wire are fine connected to power that went to the MSD box. ??.

I have the full Hyperspark system fitted.

ignition coil SNE-556-152,
I used an old coil wire for a canister coil, so this has the wrong end for my new coil, which is quite loose.

Do you think these are causing the problems I’m having.

Cant get to the car for a few days but will get these sorted. Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Read this:

Andrew

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I’ve sorted out the problems stated above.

The car now sounds & drives better then ever.

question now is about timing, initial is at 12, wot is at 36, not quite sure about Cruise timing, should this be 2-3 degrees Higher or lower then wot.
Also static timing, does this come into play with the Hyperspark full ignition system.
Thanks Mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts