Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Holley Sniper that is polished aluminum looks great new but what does it look like after a couple of years or more?
The gold sniper according to customer feedback does not have a good finish.
I'm placing an order within a couple of days and can't decide between the two. What is the experience from those of you that have these units?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's why I bought the "shiny" finish. It doesn't show scratches as much. I don't think it's polished aluminum though. It's some sort of coating that looks like shiny aluminum. Scratch it and there's real aluminum underneath.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got shiny. Couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on gold....thought it would look tacky against the aluminum top end. #vanity.

Vanity_Smurf_(Glovey_Story).gif

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Registered
270 Posts
I went for the gold. It’s not a shiny/polished gold, but I think it looks just fine. Besides, it’s hardly visible under a 14” air cleaner anyway.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like the gold...I wrote a big post on the Holley forum regarding some wiring considerations when installing the Sniper and other Holley EFI systems.

I also do remote Holley EFI tuning.
Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a '68 with a 390 in it and am looking to either drop in the Holley Sniper or the Edelbrock Pro-Flo. Suggestions? Recommendations? Is there a 3rd EFI system I should consider? Thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts