Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
last night while looking over the carb noticed that one of the boosters looked skewed downwards As i touched it this happened::surprise:

Anyone experienced this?
Do i change to down leg boosters seeing as i need to replace it anyway ?

cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You are fortunate that didn't happen while driving and wedge the throttle blades open.

I don't think a 570 SA is worth investing the money in for a booster upgrade. Either find a used center section or upgrade to a new carb.

You might try contacting Holley and see if they will replace it for you.

·
Registered
35,336 Posts
Annular-discharge boosters would be best but can you get replacements at all? FYI - the 570 Street Avenger has a lifetime warranty on parts, one year on labor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Annular-discharge boosters would be best but can you get replacements at all? FYI - the 570 Street Avenger has a lifetime warranty on parts, one year on labor.
Thanks for that - I looked at Boosters and Booster Components : BLP Products

they seem to sell boosters but have had no response whether they are compatible with the Street Avenger.

i think i may just get a Summit Carb :smile2:

thanks

Rob

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I doubt you'd see a difference between the straight leg and down-leg boosters in a street application.

Annular-discharge boosters would be best
There is no "best", it varies on the engine/application! Some engine setups just respond better to one or the other. You can also mix such as straight/down-leg in primaries and annulars in the secondaries. My experience has typically been the more HP the more the straight/down-leg are a better performer on Fords.

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts