Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time tuning a carb. How do I do it? I have a holly 650 cfm on an 87 302 with H pipes. Where should my timing marks be? Thanks - Chris

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Too complex for posting...

Buy and read a manual on Holley carbs...it'll tell you everything you need to know.

If you get stuck, post...

Timing marks should be in the area of the front crank pulley...look for a pointer on the timing cover and for hash marks on the damper outer ring. With a timing light correctly attached, look for an initial timing of around 6-10 degrees before top dead center.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
WHOA...WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!

Speaking from experience, I can warn you....DONT SUGGEST TO ANYONE READING A BOOK!!!!

In spite of the fact folks can learn more in reading books than they'll ever get from VMF, the moment you start suggesting anyone reads a book or the internet, all of the sudden there will be posts left and right stating how they can help these people in search of information, and reading books is bad......trust me, they'll be on you in 2 seconds!!!

Do I sound crass enough yet?

(pssssss...stangdesign....lotsa info on the net and in books....don't tell anyone here I told ya!!!)

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
hehehe...

Dang, I need to go back to college...

I had heard that books were passe' but didn't know they had been outlawed...

*G*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts