Discussion Starter #1
'65 fastback or batmobile...you decide! :(
You know where: # 2428674861

Are those '67 fenders on the front?
And, what's going on with the rear quarters? ::

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Turbos! :D The blast comes from the rear of the front fenders, then its passed thru by the rear quarters enabling it to run in STEALTH mode..... ::
Dont you NW folk know anything! :: ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
The camaro tail lights say it all!! :eek:

I actually remember this car when it was in the magazine many years ago. Time has not been good to it. :(

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm now officially showing my age but I remember that car from the Hot Rod Article. I don't think they made body kits so that's probably the original one.

I have to go put on my Bee Gees albums now.........

::Dave ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Bet someone up north could use it to plow snow this winter ::

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Know what's sad? I remember that car!! I remember thinking how cool it was. Sheesh, it sure has gone to H E double hockey sticks, hasn't it?
And, I truly hate those Recaro seats now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Its hard to believe that was a show car in the 80's.. What the #!$#@ Happened to it.. Besides the odd mods done that thing is in worse condition than my never restored driver.. Poor thing hope it finds a better home soon

·
Registered
334 Posts
Man what a shame, this was an ultra cool car in its day .. Eddie Paul waa a real artist .. i've wondered what happened to this car .. someone catch me i may faint ...

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
So so sad :( :(

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,851 Posts
Not good pictures and only B+W but here:
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/B7/16/22507191-b9f6-01430051-.jpg
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/B8/16/22507192-04de-01460098-.jpg
Much was made of the boiling tire smoke out of the rear vent things.
A lot of the article was reprinted in a book call "Mustang Restoration Tips & Techniques". Restoration my butt ::. Another article was of very vague indications of how to make a "Mustang Ranchero".
The car was a bright red, you can see what's left of it in the auction. The fenders were hacked into sections, spread out and rewelded to achieve some sort of cross between the "widebody" SCCA racer look and flares. The rear quarters were hacked out all around the wheel wells and then a pair of repro quarter panels were then added onto the originals. The front "airdam" thing was constucted entirely out of sheetmetal, as were the other mods.
You can just tell there was an orange+yellow double stripe at the front of the hood. It continues on to the fenders and back to the windshield-very 70's. It matched the striped inserts in a pair Recaro's least attractive seats.
OK, I'm all for modifying, flares, airdams and things. But this car has always made me cringe when I see it. Some great ideas, some wonderful craftsmanship, and some horrible end results.
Yuck.
Somebody buy it. Replace the fenders and quarter panels. Wack that awful thing off the front and recover those poor old Recaros with some nice black leather (or anything BUT Starburst fruit stripes). It still could be a nice car.
If anybody from the VMF buys it, I'll contribute $10 to the "restoration" fund if you promise to get rid of the fenders, quarters, and airdam. Do as you please from there.
Anybody ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That was one crappy job of lapp welding on the rear quarters, looks like he got his lunch box stuck between the old and new one...THat and I think he ordered the wrong fenders for the front but used them anyway. Hmmm, no bids on this one yet, wonder why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts