Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saw them! The 05 Mustangs! And three of them at the same time! I saw them traveling west on I-94 just east of St. Joesph, Michigan. Unforetunatly I only got a quick glimpse since I was going the other way, but the first one was lime green and appeared to be a GT (foglights). The second one was a beautiful medium blue color. And the last one was jet black. But from the quick glimpse that I got, the last one appeared to have dual stripes in the middle of the car! I couldnt help but think it was a shelby prototype, although it probally wasnt. Wow, I couldnt believe it when i saw them. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome looking. If you guys havent seen them in person yet, you hvae to. They are sooooo cool.

·
Registered
379 Posts
man this story makes me jelous. i must see one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow I didn't think they were being let out on the road yet. Are they already being sold out there in Az? I would love to buy the Ivygold 2005 to match my Ivygold 65.
........I'll keep dreaming now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw these cars in south western michigan, where Im on vacation right now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw these cars in south western michigan, where Im on vacation right now.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
But... I don't even believe in jeebus!!!
Homer rocks!!
So do the new Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Any Canadian sightings? I have been cruising by the local Ford dealerships regularily thinking one of these days I'll see one displayed out front. No luck yet.

G

·
In person they still have the same size/dimensions of todays Mustang. Quite a larger(deeper/taller) side body though. I think most non-Mustang people will just say 'so what' when they do come out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Where are the peekchures!! Must have peekchures!!
shouldnt you be the one taking picture TK ::

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've seen them 3 or 4 times, each time still in camo. A couple weeks ago I saw one as I was crossing the street. Unfortunately the light turned green so I couldn't run up to it and take a closer look. :) Another time I saw 2 on the 101 in North Hollywood.

So when is the Boss 302 coming out? ::

·
Registered
343 Posts
My guess as to what you're seeing are the "sign-off" cars. It's normal to have each group like NVH, ride and handling, powertrain, etc. do a final drive of the production calibrations and sign off on the job before production starts.

We had one of the early prototype GT's in St. Louis back in May as part of the 40th Anniversary Tour and they let us sit in it and get our picture taken in it. Me likes! Even SWMBO thought it was a sweet package. She even said I could get a '05 but it would have to be when the 2010's came out. Better late than never.
Rich

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
They are all over SE Michigan. Lot's of Ford folks driving around with Manufacturers Plates. Saw two today. Very nice....

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Saw a red one at SAAC 29, after all, michigan Intl' Speedwaqy is in Ford's backyard. This one was even out on the track.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts